Knipex 12 62 180 Automatic Cable Wire Stripper 180mm
- Free Returns On All Orders
- Same Day Dispatch Before 1pm
- Free Standard Delivery over £40
The lightweight with tangible benefits
The Knipex 12 62 180 is a good choice if you occasionally need to strip cable, e.g. when installing lighting, during model making, work on a camper van or when installing new sockets. It greatly reduces strain, both for DIY enthusiasts and for professional users. Firstly, there is no need to adjust to different cable cross-sections because the pliers do this automatically. Secondly, thanks to the slim head shape, it is also possible to strip the wire in poorly accessible areas, such as in junction boxes. It has a wire cutter for shortening cables and cutting Cu and Al conductors up to 2.5 mm², so users need one less tool.
Convenient wire stripping of single layer standard insulation
The cable to be stripped is inserted in the pliers from the front and pushed up to the individually adjustable length stop. After this, the user only needs to press the handle. The wire stripping process takes place automatically. The insulation is only cut as deeply as needed for removal of the insulation layer. When the Knipex 12 62 180 is used correctly, it protects solid, multicore and finely stranded conductors from damage.
Saves time and effort – increases safety
Anyone looking for a convenient substitute for simple manual standard wire strippers or for the makeshift wire stripping diagonal cutters famous in electrician circles is well-served by the Knipex 12 62 180 automatic wire strippers. There is no need to adapt manual force to the insulation thickness or strip the insulation by hand. With these pliers, wire can be stripped conveniently, quickly and above all safely. Due to the automatic conductor protection, you are able to produce VDE-compliant wire stripping with just two hand movements: insert cable, press the wire strippers.
- Strips cables with standard materials without any need for manual adjustment
- Fine adjustable zero correction of the blade setting to special material requirements, e.g. due to large temperature differences
- Compact, handy and lightweight tool for common cable cross-sections and insulating materials
- For single, multiple and fine stranded cables of 0.2 up to 6 mm² with standard insulation
- Narrow head style for use in confined areas
- With wire cutter for copper and aluminium wires up to 2.5 mm²
- With adjustable length stop from 6.0 - 18.0 mm for constant stripping lengths
- Self-adjusting wire strippers for solid, multicore and finely stranded conductors
- For single layer standard insulation
- With wire cutter for Cu and Al conductors up to 2.5 mm²
- Housing made of glass fibre reinforced plastic
- Blade made of oil-hardened special tool steel
- Blade can be easily replaced
- Body: plastic, fibreglass-reinforced
- Blades: special tool steel, oil-hardened, interchangeable
- weight: 151 g
- Dimensions: 180 x 75 x 21 mm
- Reach: no
- RohS: no
- Stripping capacities in square millimetres: 0.2 — 6.0 mm²
- AWG: 24 — 10
- Part number: 12 62 180
We offer FREE UK delivery on all products
We know our customers hate waiting, so all orders made before 2pm Monday to Friday are processed and shipped the same day.
Free delivery is via a 48-hour service. For our international customers we deliver around the world and the shipping cost is quoted in the shopping cart once you have selected an item.
Delivery times are as follows: UK, Channel Islands and N.I (allow 2-3 days for delivery)
R.O.I. (allow 3-5 days for delivery)
Europe (allow 3-7 days for delivery)
Rest of World (allow 7-10 days for delivery)
Express delivery is available for orders within the UK for an additional fee.
Orders are processed from Monday to Friday, between 9am-5pm.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
We want all your customers to be happy so if you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for another one, be it similar or not.
You can return a product for up to 14 days from the date you purchased it. Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging.